Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Arrival in Bangkok

The first day of my adventure to Thailand and I ended up arriving ridiculously early at Sydney airport, got through customs at record speed and had about 2 and a bit hours left to chill out.
I flew with Thai and they were amazing - awesome food, great service and everyone was really nice. I somehow managed to score myself a window seat and complete row to myself so I could spread myself out and relax. 

At Bangkok I stayed at the Indra Regent (which is where I'm booked on my way back through Bangkok as well). It's pretty fancy. I've never been to a hotel where they carry your bags and open doors for you so it was all a little foreign (ha ha ha.. nice pun). The Indra is close to all the shopping and sky train and is really great for me cause I like the security seen as i'm travelling alone. 

My first breakfast in Thailand will be a story that will last forever.. and be laughed at forever. I paid 465bt (which is a TOTAL rip off) for a buffet breakfast. There were no prices displayed so that is what I chose to have and when I got the bill I decided that I was officially going to boycott the hotel all by myself and refuse to buy anything there for the rest of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment